Friday, May 6, 2011

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina :D

        Lately, Myrtle Beach has been on my mind. Myrtle Beach is like a second home to me. My family spent my first 5 birthdays there and we have gone at least every other year after that. It's amazing there and I plan to continue to keep it part of my life. We've been a couple other places for vacation, but have found that Myrtle is closer and just as nice, if not nicer, than any of the other beaches. So, I'm just going to use this blog post to talk about the beach and all the memories of it.
        We always have stayed at the Sea Mist Hotels. They have prices that are no more expensive than any other hotels but, you get passes to all their hotel pools, the Family Kingdom Amusement Park, the Family Kingdom Water Park, the mini golf course, and much more. It is an awesome hotel for families and it's still quite entertaining even as my sister and I grow older. The hotels have nice rooms and pools. Although, last year, we had a new hotel and it was a different experience.
        Last year, I tried to set up a webcam from my dad's laptop and to our home computer so I could see our dogs (yeah, strange I know). But, when we got there we discovered that we were the only hotel of the chain that didn't have internet access. I spent the first night trying to get into the neighboring hotel's wifi but failed. Then while my mom was cooking lunch, she had the stove on then tried to microwave something at the same time and the power blew. We had to wait the rest of the day before they got that fixed. Our balcony door was also a little messed up, but we didn't pay much attention. One afternoon we picked up a pizza. We all got a plate and went and sat on the balcony looking at the ocean. The door then slid shut behind us and locked itself so, we were all stuck out on the balcony with the pizza inside. Quite amuzed, we found a guy on the ground, like 4 floors below, and yelled down to him to go get help. Luckily, he did, and soon a worker came up and let us in.

The view from our hotel was pretty good.
 
Its a long ride...


I think this picture says it all about her...



So, there was this kid in front of us on this thing, he was probably about my age, and when it started swinging, he started screming for his life. His little brother (probably like 6) was having fun and the boy was yelling "Hang on JJ ! Hang on !". I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did when I was watching him. :)



It was super windy that day lol
        One thing we always do when we go down is go to the zoo. They have a zoo with some strange animals, unlike some you see in the zoos around here, and you can hand-feed them all. It's a lot of fun. The amusement park doesn't have many rides for us older kids, but they still have some and its free for us so it's pretty fun. The water park is pretty good also. I love Myrtle Beach and I probably always will, its a lot of fun and great family time.
Me feeding the goat :)

This view sticks in my head more than anything. That first look at the ocean.

When we got stuck on the balcony...

This was quite fun !

No comments:

Post a Comment