Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Music

        Music is a very broad topic to write a blog on. Music is quite important in some peoples life, not so much in mine though. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy music quite a lot, I just don't feel that music is my life as some people do. I seem to go through times when I love music a lot more than others. Sometimes you just need to go somewhere quiet and listen to some. Songs express what everyone feels and don't know how to describe. They let you realize you arn't the only one feeling the way you do.
        I used to be in band at school. I love playing instruments, it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something. I loved how I could play my part at home and it sounded like nothing and then when the whole band plays, it sounded amazing. I took piano lessons when I was little and wish I would of stayed with it. I am thankful for the knowledge I do have of the piano and trumpet. I've become interested in guitar lately and hope to learn how to play it some. I like to learn new instruments and songs.
       When people ask me what my favorite type of music or singer or song is, I struggle to come up with the answer. I honestly don't think I have a favorite of any of them. I grew up basicly only listening to Christian music. Our radio is constantly on the Christian channel and I listen to the hymns at church. I love that music and it is part of my childhood. Everyone always thinks Christian music is boring when I tell them I listen to it, which I understand completely. Some hymns are quite boring to listen to, but the words are what have the meaning. I enjoy the young Christian rock/pop singers and groups. They have all the enjoyment of music without the inappropriate lyrics. I also listen to current groups, mostly pop I guess. I also listen to many 80s groups thanks to my dad and I do enjoy most of them since I grew up listening to them.
        Unlike most people I do enjoy some country songs. They only reason I don't like most of them is because they are all rediculous lyrics about drinking and cheating and stuff like that. I do enjoy the music and songs that arn't about all that. Taylor Swift is one artist I do like and one song of hers I enjoy a lot. Never Grow Up basicly tells about growing up and not realizing how lucky you were to be a kid. I, myself, don't want to grow up. I love being a kid and being able to enjoy life. Music is just part of life.

Never Grow Up
......."Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room
Memorize what it sounded like when your dad gets home
Remember the footsteps, remember the words said
And all your little brother's favorite songs

I just realized everything I have
Is someday gonna be gone

So here I am in my new apartment
In a big city, they just dropped me off
It's so much colder than I thought it would be
So I tuck myself in and turn my night light on

Wish I'd never grown up
I wish I'd never grown up

Oh, I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
Could still be little
Oh, I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
It could still be simple"

No comments:

Post a Comment