Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Yum

I don't really have a response to this movie. I wasn't sure what to think while watching this. It didn't seem to have much meaning to me. It was more for entertainment and a little information. All it told us was that we have been eating bugs unknowingly for our whole lives. Theres nothing we can do about it now that we know, it's just a normal part of life that we were unaware of. Nothing changes now that we know, it's just another piece of information. It may be considered a delicacy in some countries, but it isn't here obviously. It did pose some questions for me though.
He said he was a vegetarian, but shouldn't bugs be considered meat too? He said that it was considered a delicacy in some countries like shrimp is here, but I don't even like shrimp and you can buy it in Walmart so how is it a delicacy? And, wouldn't bugs be more of a snack? They are very tiny so it couldn't really be a four-course meal. These are just random questions that came into the conversations I've had about this video.
It is pretty discusting to think that we eat bugs all the time without knowing it, but there is nothing we can do about it so it doesn't do anything to know. You can't avoid eating them now that you know, they are apparently everywhere so we just need to move on and live our lives as normal. I don't understand how you could eat some of the things he showed on the movies. Just the look of some of them is enough to make you sick.Seeing this movie isn't going to make me go eat a ton of bugs or make me stop eating all together to avoid eating bugs. It could be a useful piece of information someday though, It's always good to learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment