Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Every year for my whole life around this time of year, I was asked to write what I was thankful for. I always put the basics, Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Pets, and Friends. Those were just the simple answers that everyone thought of to get it done and thats basicly all I thought of back then. Of course I am still very thankful for all of them but there is more in the world that I think about this year. Along with thinking of what I'm thankful for, my thoughts also wander to the people who don't have anything to be thankful for themselves.
This time of year reminds me of how lucky I really am to have the life I have. Not everyone gets to sit down in a warm, comforting house with their family and eat a nice hot mean. Not everyone gets to listen to christmas songs while they decorate their grandma's Christmas tree together. Thanksgiving is a wonderful time for me. But as I'm enjoying all this, theres so many people out there that are sitting by themselves doing nothing.
My dad is going to take me to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen or some sort to help feed the homeless if we can find one. We tried last year but I had to be 16 and now we can't find a place to go. Hopefully we find one because I think it would be a great experience to be able to help those less fortunate than myself. I already volunteer at the animal shelter, which I hope to be having more time to do but I hope to be able to do this with my parents during these holiday seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment