Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Marlboro Marine

I'm not exactly sure how to respond to this video. I think it is supposed to show the reality of war. Most people just take war for granted when it really affects some people in dramatic ways. Every year in school we learn about wars all throughout history and we just take it for what it is. It's just part of life that everyone deals with, right? Wrong, we can't even begin to comprehend how it would feel to actually be over there killing people right and left or to have a loved one over there risking their life. When you know someone involved then it is a completely different situation. 

I myself am guilty for taking war for granted. I'll admit that I do think war is necessary in some cases and when I hear people who are completely against war and blaming the president or whoever for the war, I disagree. The Marine or the army or whoever, they all signed up to fight for our county, for something they love/ If they signed up for it then they want to be over there. They want to defend the country in which we live. I haven't had anyone I know personally be in a war so I can't know exactly how it feels but I'm sure its terrible. I think this video is also to show how war can affect the person who i fighting in it. As you can see in the video, James Miller, has definally suffered some post-war tramas. It has affected his life in him losing his wife and joined a motorcycle club. Whether his life is better now or worse is for him to decide.

One thing I noticed in this video was how he had a cigerette in almost each picture. After we watched it and I looked it up, I realized that this was put in the video on purpose. The picture of him below was put in many newspapers and he was known as the Malboro Man or the Marlboro Marine. So he purposly had a cigerette in a lot of the pictures for the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment